Sunday, May 15, 2016

1980 Topps Rickey Henders Rookie Card NM-MT

This 1980 Topps Rickey Henderson Rookie card deserves better than an 8, in my opinion. Jeremy I. sent this with the Wax Czar Beckett Group Submission* so I was able to review it myself and, attached photo aside, the paper on this 40-year-old piece of cardboard was so white it was almost blinding. OK, not really, but the fact is aside from being nearly bleach-white, the corners appeared equally as sharp. The only possible issue we could agree on was the centering; even then, not bad.

So the card came back at a NM-MT 8 which is a respectable grade and definitely worth the cost of grading. But the current market favors Mint 9 condition: $300 and up while the NM-MT 8 condition sells for $50-60. Jeremy I. is going to sell this NM-MT 8 and invest the money in other Rookie cards of potential and current Hall of Fame players.

*For details on group submissions, click HERE to send me a message on Facebook.
Click HERE for the link to the auction.





No comments:

Post a Comment